I remember several spredsprectum people commenting that they didn't care if
they obliterated legacy modes.

--- On Sat, 2/20/10, Andy obrien <k3uka...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Andy obrien <k3uka...@gmail.com>
Subject: [digitalradio] Digital modes band plans.
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 9:45 AM

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 8:54 AM, bruce mallon <wa4...@yahoo. com> wrote:

> SO what you are saying is lets ctush the other modes so we can play with our
> new toy ?
> We just went through this with wideband/spredsprec trum on 6 and 2 meters
> I dont care what mode anyone uses as long as it does not cause problems for
> others.
> SHOW THE FCC IT WILL NOT CAUSE PROBLEMS  and go from there .......

Showing that each mode should not cause problems, is not an FCC or
IARU requirement , if by "problems" you mean that people get upset
when it is used on "their frequency". It IS a problem if people use
any mode without checking to see that the frequency is clear, but
other than that... staying within the allocated part of the band, is
all we are expected to do. It makes sense to stay clear of known
sections, like the PSK31 area, JT65A areas, RTTY DX calling area, but
ROS has as much right to be used within a ham's allocated part of the
band, as any other digital mode. Just listen first, and use it (if
legal in your country).

Andy K3UK