On 02/23/2010 10:50 PM, John B. Stephensen wrote:

> The problem is that he said that ROS uses FHSS in the documentation. If
> the final version doesn't use FHSS, DSSS or any other form of SS and a
> technical specification is published the FCC will have no objection.

Oh, agreed. For the moment I will not be using ROS because
(1) I am not sure whether or not it is SS, (2) I cannot run
ROS on my computer (don't have Windows) and (3) the protocol
specification is not available.

I expect that once the protocol specification is available,
and it is clear that ROS is not spread spectrum, I will start
using it once there is a free implementation in eg. fldigi.

--
All rights reversed.