I agree with Nino, theoretically it is correct to use as much bandwidth
as possible, 3 kHz in the ROS case, but due to the small spreading, the
ROS signal does not have a "negligble level" compared to others on the
channel, so it is a halfbreed, it has spread spectrum characteristics,
but does not quite behave like the "pure" definition.

ROS still had problems in version 1.6.3 and it is easy to notice that it
works in a free channel, but does not stand burst errors (in fact,
errors long as a packet or pactor frame length) and its ability to copy
crumbles. That does not happen, at least so noticeably, with JT65 or Olivia.

73,

Jose, CO2JA

----