The IMD shouldnt be a significant problem unless something is overdriven.
However, you see that with PSK31 and to a lesser extent RTTY fairly often on
the bands, although most of what i see is 60 cycle hum and audio harmonics
related to that, rather than just pure overdrive.  AFSK, etc., is the way to go
if you can keep it clean (vs FSK).

PSK31 is too slow for contesting, so the first shift required is to PSK63.

73, Ty K3MM