  From: Tony
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 12:24 AM
  Subject: [digitalradio] Digital Voice News - VK5DGR's Open Source Codec
  All,

  Dave Rowe, VK5DGR, has just released an open source speech codec that
  could potentially be used in such digital voice applications as FDMDV
  and WinDRM. Dave says that his new CODEC2 needs work, but the speech
  quality of the Alpha release is pretty good. He has a few audio samples
  of CODEC2 and the proprietary codec MELP (for comparison) on his website:
  http://www.rowetel.com/blog/?page_id=452

  For more information, visit Dave's main site at http://www.rowetel.com/blog/

  Tony -K2MO