Philippe,

In your next version, dim-0.4.6-mv1-pb2, I saw that you populate the
clone by linking files from the ancestor in library, instead of the
working directory. This should be corrected.

I realize now that my previous choice of .dim/+nclone/path being a
regular file was not the best one. We could avoid to have to
encode/decode the working directory clone path in .dim/+nclone/path by
using a symlink to the working directory instead. Ideally, the symlink
would be relative, which would allow access to the clone even if the
partition is mounted on a different mount point.

It would also make getitem faster (as fast as the previous version), as
readlink is probably faster that open +read +close (and decode not
necessary anymore).

Regards,

Marc