----- "Philippe Bergheaud" <philippe.berghe...@fr.ibm.com> a écrit :

>   For symlinks, we cannot use the hard link trick, because
>   hardlinking symlinks is not portable.  We have to use an
>   absolute scan each time:
>         find versiondir -type l

Hardlinks between clone and version have an other general limitation, they
don't handle the case where the user is setting hardlinks in its files by
himself. The link number may not be 1 even if a hardlink is broken.

I think it may be wise to get rid of internal hardlinks at some time, and
generate full indexes to detect file removal (the original purpose of our
hardlinks). There will be a performance penality on platforms not using GNU
find, which is powerful enough to do a complete scan in one pass, thanks to
-cnewer support and -printf formats.
--
Archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/dim@ml.free.fr/