2010/10/15 Charles Marcus <cmar...@media-brokers.com>:
> I haven't used an RPM based distro in a really long time, but I'm
> curious - when you add a 3rd party repo like this, does the package
> manager still handle all of the dependencies correctly with respect to
> the rest of the system and the other repos?

Sure!
rpm distros use rpm command plus some library that resolve
dependencies. Fedora uses yum, openSUSE uses libzip... The old holy
war rpm vs. deb is in the past: for users, there is no difference
between rpm distros and deb distros (other than the content of their
respective repositories, of course... but that's not a problem of
package format).