I also tried converting the RPMs through alien.

All I get is the splash screen, and then the loading bar colors to about
halfway, and then ... nothing.

Part of the problem may be that I'm on Natty Narwhal Alpha, and I know there
are bugs (32-bit LO runs flawlessly on a NN 32-bit partition).

One problem NN 64-bit seems to have is handling python bindings, which is being
worked on now.

So LO may just start to work spontaneously.

But anyway, if anyone has any suggestions I can try in the meantime, let me
know.

Thanks,
Susan Cragin