Johannes, all,

Le Tue, 04 Jan 2011 14:34:42 +0100,
"Johannes A. Bodwing" <jo...@arcor.de> a écrit :

> Hi Ian,
> >>
> >>   And they are not equal. That's my problem with it at the moment.
> >>>
> >> Democracy means that everyone has the potential to contribute,
> >
> > Democracy simply means representation of the people (community).
> > Even established democracies don't have referendums on every issue.
> > Party political systems mean that there are real limits to what any
> > individual can contribute. I can't go and contribute directly to
> > new legislation other than by saying what I think and hope it will
> > influence someone. That is not really much different from a FOSS
> > project.

> What you say about democracy, political parties eg is the today
> situation. But eventually think about this:
> Democratic systems have the power and lot of money for secret
> "cyber-tasks", for a hidden worldwide web of information and
> spy-systems and so on. They find it important, they give the money to
> do it and they have the will to do it. That's possible but not a
> better flow of information between citizens and politicians to create
> a more real democracy. There is no "democratic-task", no
> worldwide-web of democratic informations. There is no will to involve
> more people in decisions or for the prefield of decisions.
> What will I say with this?
> Can we organize the structure of LO with examples in mind which have
> not the will for transparancy?
> Or must there be a thinking like:
> ESC has the final decision, OK.
> And for that, what are the best conditions that they have the best
> informations to make the best decisions for the best (open) Office
> Suite? Eventually this is one other task for the time after the phase
> of beginning.
>
> Greetings,
> Johannes

I would like to close down that thread now. We have bylaws that people
were involved in and that have been stabilized:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/CommunityBylaws

And we have lots of things that need to be done and require volunteers.
Let me give you some pointers:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Produce
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design