On 02/10/2011 12:32 PM, abenglen wrote:

> I have used OpenOffice for several years, and now I am trying to install
> LibreOffice on a Windows XP computer.  About 4/5th the way thru installing
> (according to progress on the "status" bar), installation stops (hangs) and
> goes no further.  There was no action clicking on "Cancel" button in the
> installation window--the only way to close the window was with the Task
> Manager.   In case the conflict was with OpenOffice, I removed it.  Now I
> can't install LibreOffice or even reinstall OpenOffice.  In the middle of
> the installation process, it accesses the OpenOffice website; why?  Any help
> is appreciated.

Probably better to ask this on the user list rather than the discuss
list. However, if you look at:

http://www.libreoffice.org/download/release-notes/

there is a reference to "If you run Windows 2000, you may require this
update before being able to install LibreOffice." which links to:
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c&pf=true>

"Supported Operating Systems:Windows 2000 Service Pack 3;Windows 2000
Service Pack 4;Windows Server 2003;Windows XP;Windows XP Service Pack
1;Windows XP Service Pack 2"

I wonder if perhaps that may be the issue? What version of XP?