I have some disagreements with some of these statements, but I am a guest
here. I would like to answer queries and concerns, rather than attempt to
change opinions. In other words, I don't see a good way to respond to this,
if that's what you are seeking.

Cheers,
-g

On Jun 5, 2011 10:16 AM, "Simos Xenitellis" <simos.li...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> What can the Apache Foundation provide to OpenOffice?
> 1. You start with zero community and you alienate the LibreOffice
community.
> 2. You will start building a community at some point in the future in
> some unknown way.
> 3. You are developers and can currently only deal with developer needs.
> 4. Your infrastructure is based on Subversion (SVN) which will make it
> difficult
> for other to share code. Git is not even in the immediate plans.
> 5. You are happy to get going with 20-30 core developers.
> 6. The Apache Foundation hosts over 150 projects and I fail to see
> any important user-centric software like OpenOffice.
>
> The essential need for the Apache Foundation involvement in this appears
to be
> so that IBM can continue to offer a proprietary product, IBM Lotus
Symphony,