In the past I'd answered a few questions regarding OOo ECCN[1] and
pointed the poster to Sun's ECCN[2]. What are the implications for LO
general with regards to ECCN? I do see that Novell/Attachmate Group do
list an ECCN for LO[3] with a category of 5D992.

Given that questions eventually will come up regarding LO & ECCN by US
Government/Business users, how is the best way to handle this and
respond? I do not think TDF is in a position to have LO general
categorized with ECCN 5D992. So with US Government/Business users be
limited to Novell/Attachmate Group products? If the answer is yes, this
seems to be a shame as the US Department of Defense (DoD) do actively
promote OSS:
<http://cio-nii.defense.gov/sites/oss/Open_Source_Software_%28OSS%29_FAQ.htm>

Gary

[1]http://www.export.gov/logistics/eg_main_018803.asp