On 01/08/2011 11:42, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
Given that the release of LibreOffice 3.4.2 is targeted at enterprise users, I find it surprising that the product is thought to be ready for release. At lease 2 significant bugs have been introduced and remain present that would, to my mind, discourage personal, let alone enterprise users. They are:

1 Inability to connect to address data sources - at least in Linux systems.

2 Inability to add/change icons in toolbar customisation - no scroll bar.

Apart from the bugs themselves, what does this say about the product in general as a usable tool? Were I still an enterprise user, I would be very wary about allowing this release into my office.

Peter HB

It does seem to have been released a little early. Installed fine (Win 32 Vista), but crashes during the initial processes during "enabling Hungarian...". I will have to revert to an earlier version. Very annoying. It seems strange to release a product with, according to the bug list, more than 40 critical issues. I doubt this will enhance its reputation.

--
Mike Hall
www.onepoyle.net