I have not been able to install the final release, but I have a copy of RC2 installed. I have not yet had significant experience with it, but:

First the bad:
I only found one problem (new bug introduced into the macro language that prevents a struct from being assigned to a property in another struct), but Noel Power fixed that for release to 4.0.1 Sadly, the fix did not make it into 4.0.0. I found a work around, but I hate to change my existing macros for a bug that will be fixed soon. When will 4.0.1 be released?

Now the good:
My entire impression on the good is based on the fact that it just seems to render better. I don't want to go back just because it looks better. Unsure what was done with respect to fonts and rendering for this to be the case; maybe it is all in my head.

Sadly, I have been significantly busier than usual, so I cannot comment on many other aspects of the release.

The team has done a very good job.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php