On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 8:53 AM, Keith Curtis <keit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Wolfgang Keller <felip...@gmx.net> wrote:
>>> While working on my wiki page about a new Writer toolbar, I realized
>>> that independently of my proposal, I believe it makes sense for
>>> LibreOffice to prefer Python. I see how LO is heading in this
>>> direction, but you could be explicit about it, create more workitems,
>>> perhaps track it like you do the German comments and uncalled
>>> functions, etc.
>>
>> It could also be helpful to have a handbook for PyUno... ;-)
>>
>> The point is that a *lot* of users of Python (and there are bulkloads
>> out there) are non-developers who don't give a darn for Java or VBA
>> (because those don't provide what these users need) and who might have
>> never even learned C++.
>>
>> So without specific documentation they're essentially stalled, while
>> with a handbook, you could get a lot of helpers to implement additions
>> in Python.
>>
>> Looks like a classic "multiplier" situation to me.
>
> Is there a bug about this? Is the handbook to be built by the doc
> team? It seems like a lack of samples / handbook could be a big reason
> for the stalled pipeline of Python patches.
>
> Warm regards,
>
> -Keith

The doc team does not, at this time, work on technical docs like a
handbook for PyUno, but if anyone knowledgeable on the subject wanted
to work on one and provide samples of use, we could help with editing
(including improving the writers' English if needed), formatting, and
other production issues.

--Jean