Hello everyone. I think there has been an error in the reference made
in the article of Flatpak in the announcement of LibreOffice 5.2
(https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2016/08/03/libreoffice-5-2-fresh-released-for-windows-mac-os-and-gnulinux/)
As they mentioned that Flatpak is a product of Red Hat when it is not.

I have followed closely the development of Flatpak (formally xdg-app)
and began as a project of Alexander Larsson under the support of the
GNOME project.

Compared with Snap by Canonical, iscommercial project as much
difference (copyright, marketing, full-time employees, etc).

See: http://flatpak.org/faq.html

Hugo