On Fri, 2019-08-09 at 21:38 -0700, Derek Currie wrote:
> A further patch was supposed to be applied in version
> 6.3.4 this week.
> And yet there is no record in the release notes of that patch.
> Instead, there is an incorrect listing that CVE-2019-9848 was patched
> in v6.2.5.2, which has been published to not be the case.

It is not incorrect to state that CVE-2019-9848 was patched in 6.2.5.2,
but it is fair to state that it turns out the solution is not totally
sufficient and there is an additional problem with the solution.

A new advisory will be issued with a new CVE number for the follow-up
issue when the solution is ready. We're working on making it available.