Good Morning,

New list member here so hopefully what I am about to say is not too
irrelevant.

I upgraded to Panther and found a lot of the internet solutions that I
implemented using Authoxy under Jaguar did not work using Apple's proxy
authentication.

Things that broke were:

 • NetNewsWire.
 • iCal publishing to my .Mac account.
 • A perl script that used curl for downloading virex updates.

I installed version 2 of Authoxy and everything is now working fine.
Looks like I will be recommending my users to update their versions
of Authoxy along with their Panther updates.

Three cheers for Heath.

Phill Berrie.

P.S. Looking forward to hearing from other Authoxy users.

Note:

Please note that all work requests for the Macintosh Consultant should
come from your School or Centre's designated IT contact and should only
be submitted via the ITS Help Desk [ADFA extension 8140 or by email at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--- Dull & Boring Communications Information
| |
| Academic Thrill Seeker : "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!" |
| |
| |
| Who : Phillip William Berrie snail : Macintosh Consultant, |
| Net : [EMAIL PROTECTED] _--_|\ ITS, [EMAIL PROTECTED], |
| / \ Northcott Drive, |
| Tel : 61+2+6268-8247 \_.--.*/ Canberra, ACT 2600, |
| Fax : 61+2+6268-8150 v Australia. |