Good Morning All,

Heads up for Heath and others installing the latest version of Authoxy.
The installer would fail and the system log reported the following message
(formatting changed for readability):

2003-12-23 08:56:54.595 Installer[18464] Exception raised during posting
of notification.
Ignored. exception: Can't open package /Library/Receipts/startAuthoxy.pkg
(there was an error reading the file Archive.bom).

On investigation I discovered that there were still receipts from earlier
versions in the above mentioned 'Receipts' directory. Supposedly the installer
should remove these, but it didn't in my case. I can only guess that there
may have been a permissions conflict. Removing all previous references
to Authoxy from the directory allowed the installation to go to completion
and I am back on the air again.

Bye for now and Merry Christmas to everyone.

Phill Berrie.
--

Note:

Please note that all work requests for the Macintosh Consultant should
come from your School or Centre's designated IT contact and should only
be submitted via the ITS Help Desk [ADFA extension 8140 or by email at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--- Dull & Boring Communications Information
| |
| Academic Thrill Seeker : "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!" |
| |
| |
| Who : Phillip William Berrie snail : Macintosh Consultant, |
| Net : [EMAIL PROTECTED] _--_|\ ITS, [EMAIL PROTECTED], |
| / \ Northcott Drive, |
| Tel : 61+2+6268-8247 \_.--.*/ Canberra, ACT 2600, |
| Fax : 61+2+6268-8150 v Australia. |