Hi,

I guess he needs something like this:

$("#link").hover(function() {
        $("#navigation").each(function(){this.donthide = true;})
        this.timeout = window.setTimeout(function()
{$("#navigation").show();},2000);
},
function() {
        // if we move out of the link before the timout has fired,
        // we don't whant it to fire at all
        if( this.timeout ) window.clearTimeout(this.timeout);
        $("#navigation").each(function() {
                // don't hide the menu if the mouse ist still over it
                this.donthide = false;
                if( !this.overme ) $(this).hide();
$("#navigation").hover(function(){
        // while we are over the menu it should not be hidden by a mouseout
        // on the link
        this.overme=true;
},function(){
        // a new mouseout event on the link should hide the navigation
        this.overme = false;
        // only hide the menu if the mouse has not moved over the link again.
        if( !this.donthide ) $(this).hide();
});

Christof