On Thursday 14 September 2006 11:04, Lewis, David wrote:
> I think that this should be possible by creating a time delay function
> [setTimeout()] that is started on the mouseover event and cancelling the
> timer delay function [clearTimeout()] on the mouseout event.

I too did something like this.  You can get the code from my demo page:
http://www.dave-cohen.com/node/1186

Daniel Ruiz wrote:

> Basically the client I have doesn't want to use onclick to open a hidden
> navigation but they also don't like the mouseover because a user may
> move over it by accident. What they want is something in between so a
> user can move over a link to open the nav but have to hold it there for
> a couple of seconds for it to trigger the function to show the nav.

This is exactly what my 'hovertips' do, see the above link.  The tips appear
if the mouse hovers over the active text for long enough.  They disappear,
but also after a short delay, so the user can move the mouse from the active
text to the popup text.  As long as the mouse is over either the active text
or the popup, the popup will not disappear.

-Dave