----- Original Message ----
From: Klaus Hartl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: jQuery Discussion. <discuss@jquery.com> Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 2:31:06 PM Subject: Re: [jQuery] Blurry Text using JQuery... But only in IE

Jason Levine schrieb:

My company has an internal Portal system and I was planning on making some major changes to the functionality it offers by enhancing it with JQuery powered features.  However, I've run into a problem with one of these features (dubbed "Portal Gadgets").  When my page loads up, I use "load" to pull content from another page via AJAX.  Some of these content elements utilize my JTicker plugin.

My problem is that the text in the JTicker plugin is coming in blurry. It's almost like it is being rendered twice by Internet Explorer. (One time slightly off from the other.) FireFox doesn't exhibit this problem at all.

Could you take a look at this page and let me know what I can do to fix this? Is it a bug in JTicker? JQuery? My Portal Gadgets code?

Here's a sample page:

http://www.nehealth.com/PortalGadgets/ Thanks in advance, -Jason Levine
If you use fade to show the ticker content, then you have to specify a
background color, even if it is redundant. That stops the blurry text
(this is a known bug in IE).

-- Klaus