I can confirm that Drupal 5.x has been released as beta, and contains
jQuery as it's main JS library:

http://drupal.org/drupal-5.0-beta1

The addition of jQuery has significantly altered drupal.js:

   1. All drupal.js functions are namespaced with Drupal. For example,
if you called absolutePosition(...) before, you should now call
Drupal.absolutePosition(...).
   2. The isJsEnabled() killswitch has been changed from a function
into a boolean. In practice, you just remove the () when doing the
check: if (Drupal.isJsEnabled) ....
   3. addLoadEvent() was removed in favor of jQuery's own
$(document).ready() function.

It's currently 1.0.2 that's being used, but I'm sure before the next
release they will update to 1.0.3.  Drupal is a major CMS which I have
just recently converted to, and it's nice to see they have picked
jQuery over other libraries.