Klaus Hartl wrote:
> I think, the correct way to select namespaced elements in CSS is this:
>
> table[my|data-url]
>
> So in jQuery I guess it would be:
>
> $('table[my|@data-url]')
>
> There is another recent thread discussing support for namespaces...

I understand the CSS selector and have read the other thread but a true namespace selection based on xpath syntax doesn't work.  As for writing a plug-in, I believe the issue could be corrected with a change to a regular _expression_.  But, reg exps are, by their nature, difficult for me to tinker with, and I can't figure out which regular _expression_ is used for node and attribute filtering.

I asked about this back in September and am asking again because I believe better xpath support would improve jQuery's handling of xml docs as well as xhtml pages.