In spite of my suggestion for the tag line

"jQuery: puts the fun back in JavaScript!"

I think we should be very careful about be negative about JavaScript,
after all it is the language we are working in.

My line was meant more to reflect that fact the programming cross
browser DOM stuff in JavaScript is really painful and not fun. jQuery
has made it fun! Sure there are lots of other libraries that support
cross browser scripting, but they tend to be more obtrusive, heavy
handed and in your face. jQuery lets you focus on what you need to do.
It is simple and elegant and if you don't looks for it, it almost
doesn't seem to be there. It is all about the DOM and making is accessible.

-Steve