Yep. The first response to the thread linked to it:
http://www.malsup.com/jquery/block/

It occurs to me that it would be cool if you could constrain the UI blocking
to a specific element. Mike?

-- Yehuda

On 1/2/07, Christopher Jordan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 I can't remember who (sorry), but someone created a simple disable UI
plug-in. It allows for a message like (please wait). You should be able to
search the archives for it. It wasn't but a week or so ago that the thread
was posted.

Cheers,
Chris

Dan Atkinson wrote:

This looks really cool!

I wonder if anyone has something like this which temporarily ghosts specific
elements for a period of time at all, instead of entire pages?

Cheers,

Dan Atkinson

AHeimlich wrote:

 http://www.malsup.com/jquery/block/ might interest you.