Yeah, I thought of using that or greybox but I'm already using blockUI
and I'm trying to minimize the number of packages that I require.

I would also like to understand why the simple test case works but fails
when integrated into my application. Is this a bug or more likely a
fundamental misunderstanding of how this tool works.

For example, reading through the code it is not obvious to me how the
function $.blockUI() blocks continued execution of javascript until the
ok button is clicked. I know this is done with events, but I'm not
seeing the pattern of how this happens.

-Steve