I would assume you can do this quite easily with the dimensions plugin, find
the tallest elements and set the position of the footer to match.  To answer
your question, if done in jquery I believe it would be smaller and faster.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of deadguy
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 12:35 PM
To: discuss@jquery.com
Subject: [jQuery] position clearing ala Shaun Inman

I've been reading through Transcending CSS by Andy Clarke, and he mentions
using Shaun Inman's clearance method
(http://shauninman.com/post/heap/2006/05/22/clearance_position_inline_absolu
te)
to position footers when using absolute positioning for layout.

Since I'm already using jQuery for a number of other things (they are all
quite simple - I'm still a novice at JS), I was wondering if a jQuery
version of his script would be smaller/faster or if I ought to just use his
script in addition to the jQuery I'm already using.

Thanks