I'm trying to get some sort of blocking scenario going on here, because it
had race conditions...

                                if(block == false)
                                {
                                        block = true;
                                        var newid = "/artists/id/"+id;
                                        $('<div
id="artist_'+id+'"></div>').appendTo("#data").load(newid, null,
function() {
                                                $('#'+id).ScrollTo(800);
                                                block = false;
                                                prepare_links();