On 25/01/07, agent2026 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But if you want something that does a lot more, than why would you be using
> ThickBox in the first place?  There are plenty of other lightboxes out there
> with bells and whistles you can blow to your hearts content.  ThickBox is
> the lightweight, 'One box to rule them all' solution.  Keep it simple, and
> keep it small,
> http://codylindley.com/Javascript/257/thickbox-one-box-to-rule-them-all as
> it was intended to be .
>
> Adam

You keep a simple core, but it would be nice if other developers could
use Thickbox as a base for their 'own bells and whistles'. Get a good
solid base for others to build on, rather than them needing to do
their own from scratch (so they don't need to work out how to centre
on the page, overlay page content, resize images etc).

e.g.

In your html page add thickbox:
<script type="text/javascript"  src="thickbox.js"></script>

And add the class 'thickbox' to anything you want to show in one.

Want it to look better (like adding transparency or transitions)? Just
include another script:
<script type="text/javascript"  src="thickbox-addon-fancy.js"></script>

No need to change your JavaScript (or even know JavaScript).

Like you say - 'one box to rule them all'. If developers want to have
something else thickbox isn't a choice. Having it modular means that
they can use it without going somewhere else and needing prototype or
changing a lot of code.