I have to work with asp.net  on a site and once you get the basics you
can get a site up real quick but i haven't tested the  non javascript
behaviour.

Anyway like every language/developer platform it has his bad and good
sides. I like the namespaced functions like response that handles all
the http traffic and i dislike the massive amount of code but with
comments you can see the trees through the forest.

I use jquery because i'm used to the way the library works even with the
changes in version 1.1. I didn't run into any big problems yet so that
shows the power of the library for me.

It's not because the language needs a lot of code that the solutions are
worse than in other languages. There is always a better language or
library  behind the corner.

This is the end of my ranting for today :)

david