Just a guess ... but you probably need to destroy and re-create the sortable so
as to include the new <li> element.  scriptaculous works like this as well.

- wg

----- Original Message ----
From: Will <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: jQuery Discussion. <discuss@jquery.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2007 12:43:21 PM
Subject: [jQuery] Sortables not working after adding item to container

Hi,

I'm trying to sketch out a "menu builder" and I'm using Interface's Sortables.
Everything works fine until I add an LI to the UL.  Well, everything continues
to work fine except that the new menu item isn't draggable/sortable.  I suppose
it is sortable because you can drag existing ones below it and the list will
properly reorder.  If you try to drag the item you just copied, no luck.  The
new item has both the same class as the other list items and it has an ID.

Do I need to "refresh" the sortable plug in when adding new items?  If so, how
might I do that?

Here's an example page:  http://luktown.org/js/sortable_list.html

Thank you much,
Will