Err no, actually "expandos" refers to "non-standard" attributes that
get added to DOM elements. They "expand" the attributes that are
available on an element.

For instance adding an "expando" attribute called "hello":

    <input type="submit" value="blah" hello="Hello world!">

Because they're "non-standard" they can cause memory leak problems
under Internet Explorer if they refer to other DOM elements.

More info here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/properties/expando.asp

Karl Rudd