Code for your example (just tested):

        $("[EMAIL PROTECTED]").each(
                // For each button, run this code. The "i" is the loop
iteration index on
the current element
                function( i ){
                        // Bind the onclick event to alert the iteration index
value
                        $( this ).bind(
                                "click",
                                function(){
                                        alert( "You Clicked Index #: " + i );
                                }
                        );
                }
        );

The code that Josh just posted works too, if you don't need an index.

BTW, welcome to jQuery.

________
SEAN O
http://www.sean-o.com