to semi-paraphrase a a famous warrior, "bind them all and let
javascript sort them out".
it's a single event to bind the keystrokes, then in the bound function
check for the return key! otherwise just bubble up the characters!

Only normal html says you can't have a form inside a form! jquery can
take the embedded form out of the main form and put it at the end of
the body! then using css you can make it appear as if it was inline to
the old location or keep the whole embedded form hidden and submit it
when you want (the return key)

:)

On 3/3/07, Arne-Kolja Bachstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'd like to bind a form submit to the return key, but do not know how I
> could bind a special key instead of the "any-key" event. Is it possible
> to capture the return key within an input field?
>
> I can _not_ use a simple form around it to do so, because I have to work
> around a CMS that wraps the whole site into a form, which would interfer
> with user created html forms.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Arne
> http://www.arnekolja.com