Daemach schrieb:
> Thanks for the info on the metadata plugin.
>
> "Make sure to avoid any spaces..." is exactly the kind of "gotcha" that
> makes using classes as a data repository so troublesome.  While it is
> technically possible, mixing data types inside an attribute just feels like
> a bad practice to me.

Sure thing. The validation plugin offers metadata as an option, and
doesn't rely on it at all. So it is up to the user to decide what works
best for him.

Though since the first release of the validation plugin my opinions
about metadata changed quite a lot. Currently I'd recommend to put any
validation rules completely in JavaScript.

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de