Hi there,

I did something like this a while ago. Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but it might get your closer:
http://www.learningjquery.com/2006/10/scroll-up-headline-reader

Glen Lipka used the code for a mockup of the Intuit home page when he was working there. His version looks much prettier than mine. :) Look at the bottom right box:
http://glenlipka.kokopop.com/jQuery/intuit.com/

--Karl
Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com