Well done, Oliver!

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Oliver Boermans
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:25 AM
To: jQuery Discussion.
Subject: Re: [jQuery] jQuery Powered Sites - Keep the Links Coming

This recent site upgrade was my first site to use jQuery in any significant
way:
http://www.novita.org.au/

Click one or two of the italic definition links within the page
content (particularly in the Disability section
http://www.novita.org.au/Content.aspx?p=3 ). The definition text of
the pop-ups is drawn from the definitions which are included towards
the bottom of each page. JQuery made this job a whole lot easier!

Making this feature screen reader friendly was particularly important.
My biggest challenge was finding ways to work around IE's handling of
whitespace text nodes in generated elements.

jQuery and I have both since grown up a little :) I expect I would do
it a little differently now. But this is the site that prompted me to
look into JavaScript libraries that used CSS selectors - and I was not
disappointed!

jQuery now plays at least a small part in most of the ASP.Net sites
built at work. There's a couple of great examples nearing completion.
It took only a small (rather heavy) fling with Atlas on one particular
site to make jQuery look like the smarter choice for our DOM scripting
needs. This community has taught me a great deal. It has been great,
as a designer, to teach the developers at work a thing or two about
JavaScript :)

Thank-you!