This is a government project. "Late and over budget" is their middle name. What sort of garbage is the "security reasons" excuse. It sounds like someone is making decisions who doesn't know what the h*** they're talking about. Give me a freakin' break! That's like some clients who don't want to use something open source because they didn't have to pay for it. I just don't understand that mentality.

I say do it in jQuery anyway. If they said, "no frameworks" then you're golden. Tell them it's not a framework, but a library. Tell them it would be akin to asking you to build a program in C without using stdio.h or something similar. That or tell them because of their *silly* restriction the project is going to take two to three times as long and cost them that much more.

Morons. *sigh*

Chris