$(book).cool('grats!').beg('ebook discount please!');

:D

Awesome to hear!

On 3/25/07, Karl Swedberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Karl Swedberg schrieb:

When that jQuery book comes out, I hear it's going to have an awesome
Appendix dealing with closures. ;-)

No way!!

--
Jörn Zaefferer

Yep, it's true, Jörn! Jonathan Chaffer wrote it. I read it. Then I said,
"Wow, that's an awesome Appendix dealing with closures!" And I heard myself
say it. ;-)

Hello all,

I'll be posting an entry on the jQuery and Learning jQuery blogs tomorrow
morning, but I wanted you to hear it first: Jonathan Chaffer and I have been
writing a book on jQuery. In fact, if you read the post to this list about
"AJAX and Events: Handling the Handlers" and "Scoping an Event Binding
Function,"  then you've already read part of the book (well, part of the
first draft, at least).

I've been keeping my mouth shut about this for months now, so I am very
relieved to be able to announce the book at last.

Here is the blog entry...

***********************
For those of you who have been following the jQuery blog the past couple
months, you may have noticed John Resig's mention of a secret: "There's a
jQuery book in the works!" Well, I am thrilled to be able to leak a little
more information about that secret.

For the past few months my friend Jonathan Chaffer and I have been hard at
work on the book, and everything is progressing well. Our writing is being
supported by a stellar group of technical reviewers, some of who are members
of the jQuery development team. We'll be able to divulge details about the
book's contents soon. The publisher is readying a web page for it, so as
soon as that is completed, we can give you the full scoop.

About the Authors

Jonathan Chaffer is a long-time Drupal contributor and creator of Drupal's
CCK. He also likes to make up bizarre band names and album titles, based on
snippets of conversations he overhears, at Tweak the Viking (
www.tweaktheviking.com). Karl Swedberg (that's me) is a jQuery zealot who
runs the Learning jQuery blog and still tries to keep a bit of his former
career as an English teacher alive at his other blog, English Rules (
www.englishrules.com). Jonathan and Karl work together at Structure
Interactive in Grand Rapids, Michigan, where they have been given a lot of
freedom to use jQuery, as well as standards-based, semantic HTML & CSS, in
many of their projects.

Cheers,

--Karl
Karl Swedberg