Mike,

I'm working on this problem with Rick, and I've never used taconite before.

The idea is that we've got three hidden form fields on the calling page
which are associated with each text field being verified. All fields are
being verified onblur by the processing page called via ajax.

Since the processing page isn't passing back a true or false value to
indicate if the field passed or not, but rather is generating taconite
code which adds or removes a nifty error message from the screen for
that field.

When all the form fields have been validated the "calculate" button
needs to activate. Well, it's no good checking the fields with
javascript at that point, because then what would have been the point of
checking them via ajax onblur?

So I thought Rick could have these hidden fields associated with each
text field, that indicated the most current status of the data in that
field (passed/failed).

We thought that this taconite code would work:

<taconite>
     <replaceContent select("#someID")>
         Error Message
     </replaceContent>
     <attr select="#HiddenStatusFieldID" value="true")>
</taconite>

That should work shouldn't it?

Chris

http://www.cjordan.us