As I user, I'd want what Thomas proposes for several rather simple reasons:

1. I don't want to be a profile page  (creating & distributing my
data) in someone else's silo/platform in order to enjoy the
functionality many web applications bring to people like me
2. I am not able to maintain my own web server or maintain
applications on hosted server in a fashion that would provide me with
not only data storage but also functionality that got me creating all
that data in the first place
3. I don't trust any 3rd party or intermediary to 'house' my data
without using and abusing it as well as their ability to provide me
with not only data storage but also functionality that got me creating
all that data in the first place
4. P2P seems like the only and logical solution that would go some way
to restoring user autonomy - and I have always seen it as one of the
main visions behind the Mine! project - themineproject.org - my
contribution to more autonomous data & relationships logistics online.

Adriana
--
The network is always stronger than the node...
but a network starts with a node.

http://www.mediainfluencer.net
http://www.vrmhub.net
http://www.themineproject.org