Hi there,

I live and work close to London as well, I'd be happy to participate
in organising any meetups. I think I'm in this list for a year or so
now, and I haven't seen any meetup in London.

With respect to other groups, UK Usability Professionals' Association
seem to have some regular events, see:
http://ukupa.org.uk/events/

I think the local groups in other places around the world have some
sort of private mailing list for things like this, maybe someone knows
if such list exists and how to access it?

Thanks,
Alex