*Speaker*:          Sylvia Harris
*Date*:                Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008
*Registration*:    6:00pm (refreshments served)
Please arrive by 6 to allow time to get through security.
Photo ID is required by security to enter building. It must match the name
on the registration list.

*Presentation*:   6:30pm to 8:00pm (includes Q&A)
*Networking*:     8:00pm to 8:30pm
Dinner at a nearby restaurant: 8:30pm to whenever
(participants pay for their own dinner)

*Location*:         JPMorgan Chase,
                        277 Park Avenue (between 47th & 48th),
                        Room 1701 (17th floor)

*Cost*:                NYC-UPA members: $10
                        Non-members: $20
                        Non-members with 1 year membership: $25
                        Full-time students: $5 (students please provide
valid ID)

*RSVP*:              *NO EMAIL RSVPs ACCEPTED FOR THIS EVENT.*

                        Please purchase a guaranteed ticket at the event
pre-registration site:
                        http://nycupa20080226.eventbrite.com

Please note pre-registration will be *closed* by *5 p.m. Monday, February
25, 2008*
(day before the event).

Tickets are refundable until noon, Wednesday, February 28, 2008 (2nd day
after the event) by sending a request to [EMAIL PROTECTED] .

Tickets are transferable on or before noon Monday, February 25, 2008 (day
before the event) by sending a request to [EMAIL PROTECTED] . You must notify
us, and get a confirmation, of this transfer or it will not be valid.

Members of our parent organization, the UPA (the Usability Professionals'
Association), must join the NYC chapter to qualify for member rates.  We
encourage everyone to join our parent organization, though you do not need
to do so to become a member of our chapter. You can learn more about our NYC
organization or learn about our parent organization.

Seats are limited and reservations are first come, first served. We advise
you to register early as previous events have sold out and we had to turn
people away.

 For more information, visit Web site: http://nycupa20080226.eventbrite.com

*About the speaker:
*Sylvia Harris is New York City's "Public Designer". She has devoted
twenty-five years to the design and management of public-interest
communications.

A leading advisor to New York City's largest institutions, Sylvia conducts
assessments and formulates communication strategies for branding and public
information campaigns. She was the lead design strategist for the redesign
of the 2000 National Census and recently developed information master plans
for New York Presbyterian Hospital, the American Civil Liberties Union and
Columbia University.

She is currently a member of the U.S. Postal Service Citizens' Stamp
Advisory Committee and is on the advisory committees of WNYC's Studio 360,
the Design Trust for Public Spaces and the AIGA's Design for Democracy. She
has also lectured around the world and written numerous articles on culture,
design and diversity.

>From 1990 through 2000 Sylvia was a design critic at the Yale University
School of Art. She received her M.F.A. from Yale in 1980 and a B.F.A. from
Virginia Commonwealth University in 1975.
*
**Our Mission*

The NYC chapter of the Usability Professionals' Association (UPA) seeks to
gather members of the marketing, design, technology and research communities
who share a common vision: creating websites, applications, and projects
that are compelling, intuitive and customer driven. By bringing together
professionals from different industries and disciplines and sharing our
collective experiences, the NYC UPA hopes to create a forum for learning and
professional growth in the New York City metropolitan (and tri-state) area.

*Share the Word
*PLEASE FORWARD this email to colleagues, clients, and friends to spread the
news about our organization. Send us any names and emails you would like
added to our mailing list at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

*Newsletter Information
*To subscribe to the NYC UPA announcements list, email [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
"subscribe" in the subject. You will receive a few emails per month with
announcements related to NYC UPA events and official business. To
unsubscribe, email [EMAIL PROTECTED] with "unsubscribe" in the subject. We do
not disclose our emailing list to third parties.

For more information about the Usability Professionals Association (NYC
Chapter), go to:
http://www.nycupa.org/ .