Hi, Christopher!  If you think is difficult to define "Affordance",
try to translate it to other languages, like Portuguese!

I've discussed that with my students back in Brazil and in China,
and -- in the translation process -- I came with the idea of
"purpose". But that's just me!

{ Itamar Medeiros } Information Designer
 designing clear, understandable communication by
 caring to structure, context, and presentation
 of data and information

 website ::: http://designative.info/
 mobile :::  86 13671503252
 skype ::: designative