On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 23:52:53 -0500, Russell wrote:

>I've been working with my team to devise a small set of metrics (don't want
>overkill) to help both guide our efforts and measure our progress.  Please
>take a look at my post if you have any interest in this area and comment.  I
>would love to get feedback on metrics that others are working with.
>
>http://blog.dexodesign.com/2008/08/18/6-metrics-for-managing-ui-design/

Hi Russell. As others have commented, your metric focus on numbers,
and not quality.

I think you have two primary sets of people to address. The first is
the people you work with (presumably developers and people generating
business requirements/product owners). They will have their own ideas
as to what they see as success from you, which will include whether
you deliver designs on time, and whether they trust your professional
judgement. You could derive some metrics from discussions with them.

The second audience is the users of the applications that you are
developing for. You can survey and talk to users, and get measures of
overall satisfaction, or of satisfaction with key modules. You can
also measure in a number of ways whether people can successfully
complete tasks, and how long it takes, and where they get stuck. You
can measure how many problems you identify with the usability of live
applications, and how many you have design solutions for.

Those are the sorts of things I'd be more interested in, as they
relate more directly to business success.

*    Nick Gassman - Usability and Standards Manager - http://ba.com *