Okay, this isn't strictly speaking about password usability...but it's an issue that concerns me. It's my belief that this represents the usability end of the continuum.

My bank (yes, that's right...my *bank*) uses a method that they swear is extremely difficult to hack (in fact, the switched over to this system for "enhanced security" purposes): you enter your account number, press login, and you're taken to a page that has your password embedded in a graphic (a pretty background picture that you get to choose) as a graphic...in case that's hard for you to read, it appears in text below the graphic. typing in that password gives you full access to all banking capabilities. You can't use anything but alphanumeric characters in your password; they insist on one number.

Can anyone here see *anything* about this that qualifies as security? It seems to me that all I have to do is write a check to one untrustworthy person, get my purse stolen, apply for direct deposit with an $8./hr clerk with an attitude and I'm hosed.

Katie