Hi Damon,

During the design phase I conduct reviews regularly with the leads
from Development, QA and (System) Architecture and this has been very
successful so far. I'm also the reviewer for the QA test plans.

Before my arrival (the IxD position is brand new at this company) a
very large number of  bugs were being reported by QA that are now
hammered out in the design phase. Those bugs created a lot of tension
in the team as the Developers would close these bugs with the remark
that "it works as designed", which is accurate but not good, and then
QA would have to escalate to the PM to intervene and round and round
they went.

All 3 of the leads - QA, Development, Architecture - have expressed
how much they love the reviews. To quote the Architecture lead: "I'm
ecstatic we're working through this on paper first."

Carrie