Not sure how this would shake out in terms of actual classes but from
the student perspective, I would say that the highest priorities
while in school are: learn fundamentals that will be useful
regardless of how you choose to specialize (25%), expand your mind by
learning about the obscurities of the field and trying different
things/theory(10%), learn marketable skills that will get you a job
as soon as you walk out the door (60%). Community building is nice to
have (5%), but it doesn%u2019t help you pay off your student loans
(except when your alumni network helps you get a job!) For newbies,
it seems like the best guide on what-do-I-need-to-know-to-get-a-job
are actual job descriptions since they list specific skills.
Unfortunately, they tend to ask for everything under the sun.